I’ve been writing, but haven’t posted for awhile during the challenge. Today’s topic is making me think a lot about myself.
Post 30 Facts About Yourself
1. Books and music are my first loves. I can read and listen to music at the same time, ever since I was a kid.
2. I can read 2 or 3 books at a time and not confuse the plots. I read fiction and non-fiction books simultaneously.
3. Writing compositions in elementary school helped me to see I was a good, creative writer.
4. I don’t think I have ever written a poem.
5. I could write my name before I started school at age 3.
6. I stayed in the house a majority of the time when I was as a child. I always had homework, it came first and I always did it. I guess it prepared me well for all the days that I now have to stay inside due to chronic pain and illnesses.
7. I don’t remember ever having a set bedtime.
8. I’ve always had insomnia.
9. I watched The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, The Honeymooners and I Love Lucy reruns very often as a kid. I enjoyed the conversations Johnny had with all his guests. I noticed that they chain smoked the entire show which they couldn’t do today. I know the dialogue to the Original 39 Honeymooners episodes by heart and which Lucy episode is coming on within a few minutes.
10. Every Saturday night, I watched The Carol Burnett Show. To this day, I love anything Carol Burnett related.
11. Michael Jackson played a big part in my life. He was my first celebrity crush as a girl. I loved every stage of his illustrious career. I wish I had seen him perform live in concert.
12. Prince and Michael’s sudden passings really hit me hard. It felt like a part of my childhood was gone. I did see Prince live in concert. It was incredible.
13. I love to cook. The aromas and flavors make me happy. For many years, I had so many digestive issues, I didn’t eat much. The issues have improved. I have lots of cookbooks that I haven’t used yet.
14. I’ve never met a piece of cake or bread I didn’t like.
15. The first time my writing was published was in high school in our school newspaper.
16. There are places in my own state I keep saying I want to see and haven’t made it there yet.
17. I hate the cold.
18. I love the sun and the beach
19. I can’t recall the last time I went to the beach.
20. If I had the money, I would see as many Broadway musicals as I could, when they opened.
21. I think I am addicted to social media. I know I suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out)
22. I’m really fine being by myself. (I’m a natural introvert) but, sometimes I like being around other people, laughing, eating and catching up.
23. I have never played spades.
24. I’m sick of being sick. Illness has changed my entire life.
25. I want to travel but my bank account says I could only make it to my front door and no further.
26. I chant a lot for the world to be at peace. I want us all to live long lives without threats of a nuclear war that would destroy the planet and mankind.
27. I’m still hopeful that I will have one great reciprocal love in my life before I die. As I get older, it’s harder to hold on to that feeling. Something tells me I shouldn’t give up.
28. I’m naturally nosy. I think that’s why librarianship suited me. We are detectives of facts.
29. I love makeup. I seldom leave home with a bare face. I like color.
30. I like to watch wedding planning shows and weddings on televison. I woke up early in the 80’s for Princess Diana’s wedding. I did it for William and Kate and will be doing the same for Prince Harry and Megan Markle.
It is harder than you think to come up with 30 facts about yourself. See if you can do it.